Written Acknowledgement and Receipt for Contributions
Gift Accounting will send a printed UGA Foundation gift receipt via US Mail upon the entry of each gift into our system. This policy is to ensure donors receive prompt receipting of their gift for tax purpose, to verify we have correctly designated their gift, and to ensure the proper name is used on any honor roll which may follow the gift.
All continuous or monthly contributions, including payroll deduction, will be receipted by Gift Accounting in a cumulative summary for the entire calendar year by January 31st of the following year.
The acknowledgement will include the following:
- Name of donor
- Amount of cash contribution (applies to cash, check, EFT, or credit card)
- For gifts of tangible property and real property, the gift receipt will only state a description of the gift; it will not state the value of the gift
- For gifts of stock, the gift receipt will include a description of the stock received, date received, and the average of the high and the low value on the day we received the securities
- Statement that no goods or services were provided by the UGA Foundation in return for the contribution, if applicable
- Description and good faith estimate of the value of goods or services, if any, that the UGA Foundation provided in return for the contribution (see Disclosure Requirements for Quid Pro Quo Contributions)
For gifts of tangible property and real property, the gift receipt will not state the value of the gift.
Last Updated on June 21, 2019