- The Development Officer should work with the donor(s) or donor representative(s) to develop a purpose statement and criteria. The amount of the gift and the purpose of the gift will determine the type of agreement to use (see the Fund Agreement Criteria for the type of agreement). The Foundation Accounting Office is available to assist with this determination.
- The information should be forwarded from the Development Officer to the Foundation Accounting Office. The Development Officer may use a sample agreement or provide information in writing via email or written copy for the Foundation Accounting Office to complete a draft agreement for the donor/donor representative to review. Sample agreements are on the Web at https://dar.uga.edu/campaign/, or may be obtained by calling the Foundation Accounting Office.
fund will require the following:
- Name of the fund
- Donor or the donor representative’s complete name
- School/college that it benefits
- Purpose of the fund
- Biographical information on donor or fund honoree, if desired for named fund
funds will require more information:
- Selection criteria
- Selection committee
- Selection criteria
- The Foundation Accounting Office will prepare a draft and return it to the Development Officer within three business days of receipt of all the required information.
- The Foundation Accounting Office will share the draft with the appropriate University offices, if needed, for their comments before returning it to the Development Officer.
- The Development Officer will share the draft with the donor(s)/donor representative(s) and the respective Dean/Vice President.
- The Development Officer should return the draft with revisions marked to the Foundation Accounting Office or indicate his or her approval of the draft. The Foundation Accounting Office will incorporate the recommended changes/corrections and complete a redrafted or final fund agreement.
- The final fund agreement will be forwarded to the Development Officer so that the donor/donor representative and Dean/Vice President signatures may be obtained. Two final originals will be prepared unless otherwise instructed.
- After the signatures are obtained from the donor/donor representative and Dean/Vice President, the Development Officer will forward the signed fund agreement to the Foundation Accounting Office.
- The Foundation Accounting Office will obtain the remaining signatures.
- After the fund agreement has been returned to the Foundation Accounting Office with all signatures in place, the Foundation Accounting Office will maintain one original for their files, and the second original will be forwarded to the Development Officer for the donor/donor representative. If additional originals were requested, they will be forwarded at that time.
Last Updated on June 21, 2019