The Foundation does comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. All e-mail correspondence must comply with unsubscribe, content, and sending behavior outlined below:
- Unsubscribe Compliance
- A visible and operable unsubscribe mechanism is present in all emails.
- Consumer opt-out requests are honored within 10 business days.
- Opt-out lists, also known as Suppression lists, are only used for compliance purposes.
- Content Compliance
- Accurate “from” lines (including “Friendly froms”)
- Relevant subject lines (relative to the offer in the email and not deceptive)
- A legitimate physical address of the publisher and/or advertiser is present. P.O. Box addresses are acceptable in compliance with 16 C.F.R Section 316.2(p) and if the email is sent by a third party, the legitimate physical address of the entity, whose products or services are promoted through the email, should be visible.
- Sending Behavior Compliance
- A message cannot be sent through an open relay.
- A message cannot be sent without an unsubscribe option.
- A message cannot be sent to a harvested email address.
- A message cannot contain a false header.
- A message should contain at least one sentence.
Last Updated on June 24, 2019